With today’s celebration of Doom/Christ the King Sunday, we begin the liturgical calendar anew and enter into the season of Advent, a time of expectant waiting and preparation for the coming of Jesus. For Christians, the season of Advent anticipates the coming of Christ from two different perspectives: to share in the ancient longing for the coming of the Messiah, and to be alert for his Second Coming.
The theme of readings and teachings during Advent is often to prepare for the Second Coming while commemorating the First Coming of Christ at Christmas. With the view of directing the thoughts of Christians to the first coming of Jesus Christ as Savior and to his second coming as judge, special readings are prescribed for each of the four Sundays in Advent.
As we journey towards Christmas, we would like to invite you to join us on the various activities we have lined up this Advent and Christmas season and focus our thoughts collectively on the theme, “Arise, shine, for your light has come“.
May you and your loved ones be especially blessed this Advent and Christmastime.
Advent and Christmas 2012 at Bangsar Lutheran Church, KL
- Dec 1st (Sat) 4pm – German Charity Bazaar at Luther Centre (Caroling by BLC from 5:45pm – 6pm)
- Dec 2nd (Sun) 10am – 1st Sun in Advent: Combined Advent service with Luther House Chapel at Luther Centre
- Dec 8th (Sat) 3pm – Christmas Visit to Rumah Hope
- Dec 9th (Sun) 7pm – 2nd Sun in Advent: Festival of 9 Carols, evening service (Note: no morning service at 10am)
- Dec 16th (Sun) 10am – 3rd Sun in Advent: Youth Service
- Dec 22nd (Sat) 3pm-4pm – Caroling at MPH Subang Parade
- Dec 23rd (Sun) 10am – 4th Sun in Advent: Church Service
- Dec 23rd (Sun) 3pm-4pm – Caroling at MPH 1 Utama
- Dec 25th (Tue) 10am – Christmas Day morning service with lunch
- Dec 30th (Sun) 10am – Sunday after Christmas morning service
- Dec 31st (Mon) 11pm – Watchnight Prayer and Holy Communion