Earlier this year, May Jean stepped down as Secretary and Community Catalyst in view of her job posting overseas. Since then, we have been praying and searching for a new Secretary and Community Catalyst. We are glad that God has provided someone to step up as a Council Member: Chan Ee Lyn, who has agreed to be our Catalyst for Community & Stewardship!
Getting to know… Ee Lyn!
As the Council Member overseeing Community & Stewardship, Ee Lyn is:
- Chiefly responsible for strengthening fellowship and relationships WITHIN the Church. This includes initiating, planning and leading various initiatives towards encouraging fellowship among BLC Family members.
- Maintains oversight over LiFE Groups
- Specifically organises: Parents’ Day, Birthdays (if any), Farewells, Church Camps, Special Meals/Celebrations
- Rosters the Fellowship after the service
- In partnership with the Treasurer, assist and encourage all members of the congregation in extending Christian compassion and helpfulness to persons of all ages in need of material and spiritual aid. It shall co-operate with the Stewardship Committee of the Lutheran Church in Malaysia.
Tell us briefly about yourself?
- Hometown: Penang
- Occupation: Entrepreneur / Lecturer
- Happily married with 2 lovely girls
- For a living: Run a small business
How long have you been at BLC?
I’ve been in BLC since it began in April 2000 (since it’s founding!). 1st impressions – homely and the members were friendly.
What was your initial reaction to being asked to join/remain in Council?
Shocked & humbled as I’ve prayed to serve GOD in a greater capacity.
What do you do during your free time?
Painting & coloring, playing the keys, designing space
What’s your favorite…
- Food: Malay cuisine
- Drink: Coffee
- Movie: Action movies
- Smell: Coffee
- Music genre: Christian / Pop
- Book or literary genre: Science / Art
- Conversation topic: Designing a space / Children
What would you consider your strength(s) and weakness(es)?
- Strength(s): organized / disciplined / determined
- Weakness(s): soft-hearted / multi-tasking / being particular
Can you share what your personal dream and aspiration is, for the next 10 years?
Owning a food outlet to cater for family needs
What is your dream for Malaysia (or the world), for the next 10 years?
Starting with unity within family members & unity among different races
What does it mean for you to follow Christ today?
To obey Him & trust that He will always provide in all ways.To do my best to serve, care & help others especially those in need.
What do you think God is saying to you lately?
Trust & Obey
What’s the most random thing you can think of right… NOW?
Numbers / figures
What’s the best way(s) to get in touch with you?
- Catch me on a Sunday
- Call/Whatsapp me.