[Update, Nov 2015: With Ee Lyn becoming a Council Member, the stewardship portfolio has been merged together with the Community portfolio]
[Since we have just installed our BLC Council for 2015-2017, we thought it would be good to get to know them better. To do that, we are posting a profile of each council member – a profile a day for the next 7 days! The profiles will cover the roles and responsibilities of each council member, as well as a short question-and-answer interview – in their own words.]
Anand Addepalli has been appointed to the 2013-2015 Church Council, overseeing the building maintenance portfolio.
Under building maintenance, Anand will:
- Be chiefly responsible for the proper maintenance and protection of all property entrusted to the congregation, and shall take care that the same is kept in good repair. Hence, serves as the key liaison for building repairs, maintenance, etc.
- Establish and lead the Property Maintenance Committee/Core, if necessary.
Getting to know… Anand!
Tell us briefly about yourself?
It’s meee!!! ANAND – very few know the meaning of my name, which is “Happiness”! I’m married to Renu and blessed with 2 boys. The meaning of my name is complete with these blessings. I am from India, but have been working in Malaysia since 2004. Now I feel like Malaysia is My Second Home. I work as a Deputy Project Manager for a construction firm as a specialist in bringing concrete jungles to town.
How long have you been at BLC and what were your first impressions about it, when you first came?
I have been attending BLC since 2009 and baptized in 2010. As BLC is my first church, my first impression with BLC is my first impression towards Christianity. It was “WOW… Christianity is so cool and it means being a family.”
What was your initial reaction to being asked to join/remain in Council?
I couldn’t accept it at first and my immediate answer was NO. After few days and some prayers, I got a strong feeling to join the council. Now I accept this as an opportunity given by God to serve… and all I can say is I am “ANAND” (HAPPY)!
What do you do during your free time?
I hardly have FREE time… but still I manage to get some time for photography, keeping myself occupied with books, playing with the kids, and arguing with Renu!
What’s your favorite…
- Food – Biryani, and also whatever RENU cooks…
- Drink – Salt Lassi, Mango Lassi… Oh, any type of Lassi will do!
- Movie – Pirates of Caribbean , Real Steel ( I love the emotions between son and father)
- Smell – Concrete (LOL!)
- Music genre – …Not in my list of “favorites”
- Book or literary genre – Spiritual development and modern Christianity. Authors like Max Lucado, Nic Vujicic, etc.
- Conversation topic – I’m an introvert and it’s hard to have a conversation with me. I’m a bit shy shy…
What would you consider your strength(s) and weakness(es)?
I’m a result oriented person, I move heaven and earth to get things done on time. “Never Give Up” is my theme. Well another strength is Renu, I couldn’t have been what I am without her support.
I am an introvert and it’s my biggest weakness.
Can you share what your personal dream and aspiration is, for the next 10 years?
To balance my career, family and church. Helping less privileged kids to get education, within my best capabilities. Yeah, nowadays I’ve also been thinking about writing “Christianity for Civil Engineers”.
What is your dream for Malaysia or the world, for the next 10 years?
A World free from Violence in the name of religion and free from Child Abuse.
What does it mean for you to follow Christ today?
Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason has once accepted, in spite of your changing moods.
What do you think God is saying to you lately?
There is a reason for everything that has happened and happening now… it’s all part of my story.
What’s the most random thing you can think of right… NOW?
Whether my formwork materials from Korea can be delivered on time… or else it’s a disaster…
What’s the best way(s) to get in touch with you?
- Catch me on a Sunday
- Call: +60(17) 356 1942
- Email: anand[dot]addep[at]gmail[dot]com
- Facebook: anand[dot]addepalli[at]facebook[dot]com