[Since we have just installed our BLC Council for 2015-2017, we thought it would be good to get to know them better. To do that, we are posting a profile of each council member – a profile a day for the next 7 days! The profiles will cover the roles and responsibilities of each council member, as well as a short question-and-answer interview – in their own words.]
Jamie Wong Zie Wei has been tasked to oversee the worship life of the church:
- Plots and plans the direction of the worship life of the church with the Pastor, towards enriching the worship experience of the BLC Family
- Oversees the music-centric worship enablers – including ensuring teams meet up regularly for practices, worship services start on time, worship enablers are given regular training
- Oversees the non-music-centric worship enablers – including ensuring teams meet up regularly for training and teaching, that all roles are ready so that worship services can start on time
- Responsible for the regular maintenance/replacement of musical instruments as well as technical systems, e.g. sound system, monitors, etc.
- Rosters the following:
- Worship leaders
- Music team members
- Audio Support
- Holy Communion Assists
- Bible Readers
- Altar Decorators
Getting to know… Jamie!
Tell us briefly about yourself?
Twenty-something, works at a bank, Petaling Jaya-born, and am still getting to know this weird and wonderful place a little better. Usually the one adult being towered over by tweens.
How long have you been at BLC and what were your first impressions about it, when you first came?
Been at BLC since 2007. My first thought back when there were still round tables, lighted candles, and dim lighting were: “This totally wasn’t what I expected”.
What was your initial reaction to being asked to join/remain in Council?
Pretty hesitant, but I thought it would be an opportunity to step out of my comfort zone.
What do you do during your free time?
My job doesn’t allow me very much of that, but I usually just space out a lot at the end of a long day.
What’s your favorite…
- Food? My mum’s home cooking. But not the bitter gourd. Never the bitter gourd.
- Drink? Tea, despite heart palpitations.
- Movie? Don’t have one at the moment.
- Smell? Dettol.
- Music genre? Acoustic / indie.
- Book or literary genre? Fiction.
- Conversation topic? Whatever strikes my fancy/interest.
What would you consider your strength(s) and weakness(es)?
Um… I can follow instructions? And on the flipside, I’m not really good at giving out any.
Can you share what your personal dream and aspiration is, for the next 10 years?To learn what it means to walk closely with God, and making a tangible difference for those around me. Oh, and learning how to drive/bike/swim would be nice…
What is your dream for Malaysia (or the world), for the next 10 years?
Eradication of poverty, and thus equal opportunity for all children to (better quality) education that they deserve.
What does it mean for you to follow Christ today?
Uncertainties will always abound but it’s the certainties that keep you afloat.
What do you think God is saying to you lately?
Patience, and then some more.
What’s the most random thing you can think of right… NOW?
What’s the best way(s) to get in touch with you?
- Catch me on a Sunday
- Call/text: +60176682998
- Email: jamiewongzw[at]gmail[dot]com