Many of us are practically digital natives when it comes to social media, e-mail, blogs, and instant messaging (sometimes even during service)! However, there is a lot more to be learned about maintaining your safety online. This is especially so when it comes to our children, who face the ever-present threats of being sexually solicited, bullied or losing of private/personal information while being on the Internet.
With that in mind, we’ve partnered with YourWebSafety.com to deliver a FREE program: “An Introduction to Internet Safety”. This introductory program is designed for parents, teachers and youth on the dangers of unsupervised social media and internet usage, as well as, tips and tools you can use to keep you and your family safe online.
- Date: 23 August 2014
- Time: 10am-12pm
- Where: The Father’s House, Bangsar Lutheran Church (Map & Contact)
- Who should attend: Parents, teachers, youth ministers, and other interested adults, especially if have oversight over youth and children. Youth (aged 13-19) who are interested are also welcome to attend.
- What the program covers:
- Introduction to online safety
- Understanding social media security
- Basic Safety for Facebook & Instagram
- General Tips
- Online Safety Tools
- How to attend: This is a FREE program – so there are no costs involved. This is also an open event, so please feel free to extend this invitation onwards. However, given the space limitations and to ensure an appropriate crowd size, please register your attendance at our Facebook Event page here: http://goo.gl/EvRWxc
Presenter: V.Kugantharan, Founder / Speaker
V.Kugantharan (Kugan), the founder of YourWebSafety.com is a social media and internet technologist. He designed his first website at the age of 14 back in 1994 and by the age of 21 launched what would be one of the largest hip hop music portals in Asia. The portal evolved to an early form of social networking with thousands of users interacting daily giving him first hand insight to user behaviour and web safety. His roles over the years have included: web developer, technopreneur, technical lead and knowledge consultant. He has given keynote talks at numerous organizations such as MDEC, SME Corp, Universal McCann, Malaysian Productivity Council and much more. Kugan is also an accomplished pianist.
From Kugan’s blog: Why I started Giving Talks on Internet Safety in Malaysia – http://yourwebsafety.com/started-yourwebsafety-impact-son/
More info: http://www.yourwebsafety.com