With today’s celebration of Doom/Christ the King Sunday, we begin the liturgical calendar anew and enter into the season of Advent, a time of expectant waiting and preparation for the coming of Jesus. For Christians, the season of Advent anticipates the coming of Christ from two different perspectives: to share in the ancient longing for the coming of the Messiah, and to be alert for his Second Coming.
The theme of readings and teachings during Advent is often to prepare for the Second Coming while commemorating the First Coming of Christ at Christmas. With the view of directing the thoughts of Christians to the first coming of Jesus Christ as Savior and to his second coming as judge, special readings are prescribed for each of the four Sundays in Advent.
As we journey towards Christmas, we would like to invite you to join us on the various activities we have lined up this Advent and Christmas season and focus our thoughts collectively on the theme, “Blessed To Be A Blessing“.
May you and your loved ones be especially blessed this Advent and Christmastime.
All events are open events – please invite your loved ones and friends to join us this season.
Advent and Christmas 2013 at Bangsar Lutheran Church, KL
- Sat, 30 Nov, 4pm Welcoming Advent: Deco & Dinner Party
- Sun, 1 Dec, 10am Worship Service: 1st Sunday In Advent- Hope
- Sun, 8 Dec, 6:30pm Combined Worship Service with Luther House Chapel: 2nd Sunday In Advent – Peace (Festival of the Nine Carols and Lessons)
- Sun, 15 Dec, 10am Worship Service: 3rd Sunday In Advent – Joy
- Sun, 22 Dec, 10am Worship Service: 4th Sunday In Advent – Love (Youth Sunday)
- Wed, 25 Dec, 10am Christmas Day Worship Service + Lunch – “Blessed To Be A Blessing”
- Sun, 29 Dec, 10am Worship Service: 1st Sunday after Christmas
- Sun, 5 Jan, 10am Worship Service: Epiphany