[Since we have just installed our BLC Council for 2013-2015, we thought it would be good to get to know them better. To do that, we are posting a profile of each council member – a profile a day for the next 8 days! The profiles will cover the roles and responsibilities of each council member, as well as a short question-and-answer interview – in their own words.]
Jason has been tasked to oversee the worship life of the church:
- Plots and plans the direction of the worship life of the church with the Pastor and Altar Guild, towards enriching the worship experience of the BLC Family
- Oversees the music-centric worship enablers – including ensuring teams meet up regularly for practices, worship services start on time, worship enablers are given regular training
- Responsible for the regular maintenance/replacement of musical instruments as well as technical systems, e.g. sound system, monitors, etc.
- Rosters the following:
- Worship leaders
- Music team members
- Audio Support
Tell us briefly about yourself?
I love warm sunny evenings and green green grass! Okay, Im from Ampang working as a reservoir engineer (huh?) am single and still below the big three-o. I have a dog. He is nice to me.
How long have you been at BLC and what were your first impressions about it, when you first came?
I came through the old Rumah Papa doors sometime mid 2008 when I was looking for a church. Michelle Lee (who eventually became my amazing God-sis!) introduced me to BLC. It was really inspiring to hear, meet and talk with the folks. So many interesting lives and stories…My first impression was..cool J
What was your initial reaction to being asked to join/remain in Council?
The idea was brought up a few times before 2013. Life begins outside our comfort circle. It’s an interesting challenge and an opportunity to grow.
What do you do during your free time?
If it’s early evening I’ll be somewhere tiring myself out jumping running kicking. Other times of the day it depends..reading, strumming the same chords on my guitar, doodling…who knows
What’s your favorite…
- Food? – lately its been hakka ‘lei cha’
- Drink? – Vietnamese coffee
- Movie? – don’t have one
- Smell? – my bed/ freshly cut grass
- Music genre? – indie folk
- Book or literary genre? – my flipboard
- Conversation topic? – varies. Depends?
What would you consider your strength(s) and weakness(es)?
Is this a job interview? Anyway, Ive been told I am not assertive enough. You decide.
Can you share what your personal dream and aspiration is, for the next 10 years?
To find out what my dream or aspiration is.
What is your dream for Malaysia (or the world), for the next 10 years?
That we start living that dream (refer to http://www.malaysianinsider.com or facebook for tons of dreams)
What does it mean for you to follow Christ today?
Hope and perspective
What do you think God is saying to you lately?
Dey, what are you trying to do lah, Jason..
What’s the most random thing you can think of right… NOW?
Nutrition content in lei cha
What’s the best way(s) to get in touch with you?
- Catch me on a Sunday
- Other: WhatsApp me. Or join the guitar class!