This is to announce that the Bangsar Lutheran Church 12th annual general meeting will be held on 28 April 2013, after the Worship Service at The Father’s House.
During this year’s AGM, we will also be appointing a new Council for the 2013-2015 term. The Church especially seeks the prayers of the BLC family for this.
Members are requested to make time after service to attend the meeting. Regular worshippers who are not members of the church may attend the meeting as observers. Lunch will be provided.
In preparation for the meeting, kindly:
- Pray and think over several important matters – especially the election of a new Council for the 2013-2015 term as well as continued wisdom, discernment and obedience for the ministerial and financial stewardship of BLC.
- Inform us if you are attending the meeting and the required number of pax for lunch
- Ensure that you’ve picked up and read the necessary reading materials – minutes of the last AGM, ministry reports and accounts.
- Inform the church if you are unable to attend the meeting and would like to appoint a proxy
You may email the church at rumahpapa[dot]admin[at]gmail[dot]com if you need further clarification or help with any of the above.
1. Commencement Of Meeting
1.1. Opening Prayer
1.2. Quorum Report
1.3. Adoption Of Agenda
1.4. Adoption Of Agm 2012 Minutes
2. Adoption Of Reports
2.1. Worship Report
2.2. Community Report
2.3. Outreach Report
2.4. Children & Youth Report
2.5. Learning Report
2.6. Leadership Report
2.7. Treasurer’s Report
2.7.1 Approval Of Audited Annual Accounts 2012
2.7.2 Adoption Of Budget 2013
3. New Matters
3.1. Election Of Church Council
3.1.1 Election Of Chairman
3.1.2 Election Of 6 Council Members
4. Any Other Business (AOB)
5. Closing Prayer
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT NOTES:
- Voting members have right of voice and vote.
- Voting members are defined by the constitution as ‘adult members, regular and associate, who have attained the age of 18 years, and who participate n the worship services and life of the congregation, and who regularly receive the sacrament of the Lord’s Supper.’
- Any VOTING MEMBER who has been a member of Bangsar Lutheran Congregation for at least TWO years, is eligible to be elected to the Council.
- The term of a Council Member is for TWO years. A person may be on the Church Council for a maximum of THREE continuous terms (6 years).
BLC members who are not able to make it for the AGM but would like to appoint a proxy, please refer to the following points:
- Ask a BLC VOTING member who will be attending the AGM if he/she is willing to be your proxy
- If yes, please email Rev Augustin firstname.lastname@example.org and your proxy to inform the Council of the arrangement.
- In your email, please also state:
– Your intention but inability to attend and vote at the coming AGM
– Who you have chosen to be your proxy
Please take note that for the AGM to proceed, we will have to meet the quorum. So do come and participate.