As we celebrate the season of Advent, it is sometimes quite easy to get overwhelmed by all the activity that surrounds us – from church activities to Christmas present shopping – and distract us from using it as a time of expectant waiting and preparation for the celebration of the Nativity of Jesus at Christmas.
Here are some great resources to help us celebrate the season of Advent more purposefully and meaningfully.
The first one is Occupy Advent – a resource to reclaim the holy season of waiting and watching for the Lord, encouraging us “slow down” and “simplify”. Check them out here:
The other one is a perennial favorite at BLC, called Advent Conspiracy. Advent Conspiracy is an international movement centered around bringing a deeper meaning to Christmas. The movement is characterized by its four founding principles: Worship Fully, Spend Less, Give More, Love All. The movement’s message is to avoid getting caught up in the consumerism surrounding the holiday in order to celebrate Christmas more fully.
Finally, as we journey towards Christmas, BLC would like to invite you to join us on the various activities we have lined up this Advent and Christmas season and focus our thoughts collectively on the theme, “Arise, shine, for your light has come“.
May you and your loved ones be especially blessed this Advent and Christmastime.
Advent and Christmas 2012 at Bangsar Lutheran Church, KL
- Dec 1st (Sat) 4pm – German Charity Bazaar at Luther Centre (Caroling by BLC from 5:45pm – 6pm)
- Dec 2nd (Sun) 10am – 1st Sun in Advent: Combined Advent service with Luther House Chapel at Luther Centre
- Dec 8th (Sat) 3pm – Christmas Visit to Rumah Hope
- Dec 9th (Sun) 7pm – 2nd Sun in Advent: Festival of 9 Carols, evening service (Note: no morning service at 10am)
- Dec 16th (Sun) 10am – 3rd Sun in Advent: Youth Service
- Dec 22nd (Sat) 3pm-4pm – Caroling at MPH Subang Parade
- Dec 23rd (Sun) 10am – 4th Sun in Advent: Church Service
- Dec 23rd (Sun) 3pm-4pm – Caroling at MPH 1 Utama
- Dec 25th (Tue) 10am – Christmas Day morning service with lunch
- Dec 30th (Sun) 10am – Sunday after Christmas morning service
- Dec 31st (Mon) 11pm – Watchnight Prayer and Holy Communion